Second Arab High-level Forum on WSIS and 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
ESCWA organized the Second Arab High-level Forum (AHLF) on WSIS and 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in Beirut, from 19 to 21 March 2019, at the UN-House in Beirut, Lebanon, in partnership with the ITU Arab Regional Office, Lebanese Government, OGERO Telecom-Lebanon, and the League of Arab States (LAS).
The forum was attended by around 106 participants, of around 30 per cent women, from 19 Countries, and it has concluded with a final statement that encompassed messages that emphasized the main areas of importance.
The Forum was composed of the following tracks:
- ESCWA Meeting on Digital Development in the Arab Region (19-20 March)
- ITU Regional Development Forum for Arab States (19 March)
- AHLF Thematic Workshops (19-20 March)
- ESCWA-LAS Meeting of the Programme Advisory Committee for ArabIGF-5 (19-20 March)
- ESCWA Meeting of Arab e-Government Directors (19 March)
- ESCWA Inter-governmental Meeting on Technology for Development (20-21 March), an independent event, back-to-back with the Forum.