Scope and Setting up of an Arab – Good Agricultural Practices Framework (Arab-GAP)
ESCWA in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) organized an Expert Group Meeting on the Scope and Setting up of an Arab – Good Agricultural Practices Framework (Arab-GAP).
The meeting objectives were the following:
- Enhance understanding of GAPs and their relation to food safety and quality issues;
- Review existing national, regional and international experiences;
- Exchange views on the proposed Arab-GAP framework;
- Exchange views on a structural setup and operational modality of an Arab-GAP; and
- Formulate options on a way forward to promote the adoption of GAPs for improved food quality and safety in domestic food markets.
The meeting was organized in the context of a project financed by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and entitled “Promoting Food and Water Security through Cooperation and Capacity Development in the Arab Region.”