Innovation Policies for SDGs in the Arab Region
In collaboration with seven United Nations Agencies, namely UNDESA, UNIDO, UNESCO, UNCTAD, ITU, WIPO and UNU-Merit, ESCWA is organizing a capacity building workshop on Innovation Policies for SDGs, in Amman during the period 15-19 April 2018.
The workshop will focus on:
- The systemic nature of innovation and innovation policy;
- Various components of an innovation policy, especially the distinction between financial and non-financial instruments and their impacts;
- Importance of policies for increasing the supply of technically trained human resources for R&D and other innovation activities;
- Collection and presentation of conventional indicators, which will be used to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of specific instruments of innovation policies;
- New innovation indicators, such as community innovation surveys, while understanding the limitations of replicating such efforts in developing countries; and
- Integration of evaluation into the actual design of innovation policies.