Components supporting successful AI strategies from around the world:
- Ensuring legislation is innovation friendly.
- Government is enabler of innovation ensuring that the needed AI infrastructure is available for all.
- AI will eliminate jobs but not work. Hence countries must update school curricula to include coding skills, as well as those skills that cannot be replicated by machines such as critical thinking, cooperation and team building, and social and emotional skills
- Ethical dimension of AI and guidelines for responsible coding.
- Need to spread awareness within population on the benefits and challenges of AI.
- AI industry is too broad to standardize.
- Key sectors for AI vary from one country to another but are mainly based on national competitiveness and priorities.