ESCWA is organizing a workshop to enhance the capacity of national statistical offices in the Arab region by providing participants with an introduction to the fundamental concepts of data science and big data for producing official statistics and monitoring progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The workshop includes the following:
- Introduction to data science and big data for producing official statistics and monitoring progress towards the SDGs
- Big data and United Nations initiatives for SDGs (definition, United Nations initiatives, forums, data storage and management)
- Big data analytics: descriptive analytics (descriptive statistics, correlations, regression)
- Big data analytics: predictive analytics (classification, clustering)
- Imputation methods to fill the gaps in SDGs
- Practical exercises and use cases in python.
The three-day workshop includes presentations, videos and hands-on exercises.