ESCWA, in collaboration with UN-Habitat, World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Statistical Division (UNSD) organized a series of webinars on Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) indicators 6.3.1, 11.1.1, 11.2.1, 11.3.1, 11.3.2, 11.6.1 and 11.7.1, which are less produced in the Arab region, as part of a series of SDG webinars. The aim is to increase data availability and enhance national data flow to national policy makers and regional users, including the custodian agencies.
The main objectives of the regional training are:
• Synchronizing the collection, measurement and dissemination of data on SDG indicators among data producers
• Improving understanding of metadata and the nature of data in the UNSD SDG database
• Enhancing statistical capacities for the production and use of comparable data on SDG indicators
• Strengthening inter-institutional coordination to invigorate production of data on SDG indicators
• Knowledge-sharing and discussing country-specific challenges in measuring SDG indicators