ESCWA, in collaboration with the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the UNESCO-Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) and the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE), organized a webinar on Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) indicators 6.5.2, 14.3.1 and 14.a.1, which are less produced in the Arab region, as part of a series of SDG webinars. The aim is to increase data availability and enhance national data flow to national policy makers and regional users, including the custodian agencies.
The regional training sessions will achieve this by:
• Synchronizing the collection, measurement and dissemination of data on SDG indicators among data producers
• Improving understanding of metadata and the nature of data in the United Nations Statistics Division SDG database
• Enhancing statistical capacities for the production and use of comparable data on SDG indicators
• Strengthening inter-institutional coordination to invigorate production of data on SDG indicators
• Knowledge-sharing and discussing country-specific challenges in measuring SDG indicators