ESCWA in collaboration with the World Health Organization and the United Nations Children's Fund, which are custodians of the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) indicators 2.2.1, 2.2.2, 2.2.3, 3.4.2 and 3.5.2, organized a webinar on these indicators, data on which is under-produced and disseminated in the Arab region. The aim is to create a common understanding among data producers on how to collect, measure and disseminate SDG indicators to increase data production and enhance national data flow to policy makers, other users and custodian agencies.
The main objectives of the regional training are:
- Synchronizing the collection, measurement and dissemination of data on SDG indicators among data producers
- Improving understanding of metadata and the nature of data in the United Nations Statistics Division SDG database
- Enhancing statistical capacities for the production and use of comparable data on SDG indicators
- Strengthening inter-institutional coordination to invigorate production of data on SDG indicators
- Knowledge-sharing and discussing country-specific challenges in measuring SDG indicators