Series of webinars on Improving the Use of Gender Statistics in Jordan
The second national training workshop on Gender Statistics is organized by UN Women in close cooperation with ESCWA and the Gender Statistics Unit of Department of Statistics in Jordan. This event is the second of a series of training workshops that aim at:
1) Raising awareness of the importance of gender statistics as a planning tool to achieve change among workers, stakeholders and researchers in the field of women and gender;
2) Highlighting, by order of priority, the various areas where gender inequality is observed and the extent to which those priority areas are tackled in the policies;
3) Promoting the importance of sex-disaggregated data in drafting policies;
4) Improving the presentation and dissemination of gender data for use in strategies and in evaluating policy efficiency;
5) Building a network of gender statistics focal points in Jordan.
The training workshop is held over three days. It includes presentations, videos and hands-on exercises.