Public Private Partnerships for ports
The main objective of this EGM is to strengthen the capacity of senior government officials and public sector employees in the field of PPP contracts in ports, with special attention dedicated to the preparation and drafting of PPP contracts, bidding and selection process and renegotiation and conflict resolution. Special focus will be given to explore the axes and models of regional cooperation that maximize the potential benefits of PPP projects in ports.
Specially, the workshop will try to bring contribution to the following concerns and issues:
- Identification of the top potential port operators in the region;
- State of art about operating models, advantages / disadvantages for each operating model;
- Feasibility of each operating model from both the government and operators’ viewpoints and risks share between owner and operator;
- PPP model in relation with public interest;
- Evaluation criteria for potential port operator capabilities and performances;
- Success requirements for the PPP project; i.e. the ideal situation key operational requirements for the success of the PPP model.