Beirut, Lebanon, 26 November 2018
What: The UN Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA) is marking the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People, observed on the 29th of November of every year.
When: Monday 26 at 11:00am
Where: ESCWA Headquarters, Riad el-Solh Square, Beirut, Lebanon
Why: In 1977, the General Assembly called for the annual observance of 29 November as the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People marking the day when the Assembly adopted the resolution on the partition of Palestine in 1947, in support to the Palestinian people.
- Archival Exhibition by the Institute for Palestine Studies titled Nakba… On the Road to Return (26-29 November – UN-House, B1 Level)
- Photo exhibition by Palestinian photojournalist from Gaza, Mustafa Hassouna from the Anadolu Agency (26-29 November – UN House, Ground Floor)
- Message of the UN Secretary-General, Mr. Antonio Guterres
- The Palestinian Minister of Culture, Mr. Ehab Bseiso
- The Lebanese Minister of Women Affairs, Mr. Jean Oghassabian
- The Acting Executive Secretary of ESCWA, Mr. Mounir Tabet
The ESCWA Communication and Information Unit (ECIU) kindly asks media representatives wishing to cover these meetings to confirm their attendance at +96170008879 or +96170827372.
For more information:
Mr. Nabil Abu-Dargham, Head of the ESCWA Communication and Information Unit:
+961-70-99 31 44; email@example.com
Ms. Rania Harb: +961-70-00 88 79; firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Mirna Mahfouz: +961-70-87 23 72; email@example.com
Photo credit: ©iStock.com/Joel Carillet