ESCWA and the United Nations Statistics Division jointly collaborate to improve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) data and metadata reporting and dissemination for Arab countries using Statistical Data and Metadata eXchange (SDMX) tools. ESCWA is organizing a series of training on the use of SDMX in SDG data and metadata reporting, exchange and dissemination in response to resolution A/RES/70/1 on the adoption of the 2030 Agenda of Sustainable Development and to Member States’ request for ESCWA to hold advanced training on SDMX.
The trainings series aims to:
- Strengthen the capacity of national statistical offices and data systems;
- Improve countries' skills in mapping and converting SDG data and metadata in keeping with international standards;
- Ensure access to high-quality, timely, reliable and disaggregated data;
- Promote the implementation of SDMX at the national level by customizing national Dataset Structure Definitions;
- Raise awareness on latest developments.