What: The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), in partnership with the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Investment Promotion of the Sultanate of Oman, the League of Arab States (LAS), the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), and the International Trade Center (ITC), are organizing the 3rd Arab Competition Forum.
In a special session on “Arab Youth in Competition” on 24 May at 7 p.m., an award will be granted to the winners of a competition challenge, which was launched last March in Oman. Watch the livestreaming here.
When: From Tuesday 24 to Wednesday 25 May 2022 at 9 a.m. Muscat time.
Where: Oman Convention & Exhibition Centre, Muscat, Oman and online via Zoom. Click here to register.
Who: The opening session of the Forum will feature:
- Mr. Ahmed Aboul Gheit, Secretary General of the League of Arab States;
- Mr. Qais Bin Mohammed Bin Moosa Al Yousef, Minister of Commerce, Industry and Investment Promotion, Oman;
- Ms. Rola Dashti, UN Under-Secretary-General and Executive Secretary of ESCWA.
Watch the opening session here.
Participants will also include high-level State representatives, as well as delegates from ministries and competition authorities from member States, experts, academics, and other professionals from the private sector.
Why: The Forum seeks to strengthen cooperation and coordination between competition authorities in ESCWA member States. It is an annual regional platform on competition law and policy aiming to facilitate the sharing of knowledge, experiences and best relevant practices.
For the agenda and more details, click here.
One of five United Nations regional commissions, ESCWA supports inclusive and sustainable economic and social development in Arab States, and works on enhancing regional integration.
- Ms. Maryam Sleiman, Public Information Assistant, +961-81-769-888; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Rania Harb, Public Information Assistant, +961-70-008-879; email: email@example.com