This virtual national workshop on mainstreaming social justice principles and concepts into public policies, plans and programs is organized in collaboration between the Social Justice Team / Gender Justice, Population and Inclusive Development Group at the Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA) and the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs of the Federal Republic of Somalia.
It targets government officials responsible for developing policies and strategies in the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, as well as officials responsible for implementation, monitoring and evaluation of social programs.
This workshop is the first phase of technical support under a TC program with the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, the Federal Republic of Somalia, to develop a national program to achieve social justice and the principle of leaving no one behind under the umbrella of the Agenda 2030. The TC program includes the following components:
1) Enhancing the knowledge and skills of the Ministry officials to mainstream social justice principles and concepts into the planning and implementation of social policies
2) Building the ministry institutional capacities on the policy gap assessment tool (PGAT) and training ministry officials on the application of the tool on a selected strategy or a program to be identified at a later stage.
3) Building the capacities of officials in the ministry on the analysis and measurement of social and economic inequalities.
4) This training is followed by another hands-on workshop on designing and implementing equality-oriented policies
5) Building the capacities of the officials working on social protection programs on participatory approaches in social protection policies.