The price statistics team at ESCWA conducted a training workshop on price statistics for the production of purchasing power parities and the integration between CPI and PPPs in the Arab region.
The price statistics team at ESCWA conducted a training workshop on price statistics aiming to share theoretical knowledge and provide technical training in the field of price statistics, namely the production of purchasing power parities (PPPs), to ESCWA member countries participating in the regional PPP production activities in the Arab region for the first time.
The workshop was attended by participants from 4 representatives from 2 ESCWA member countries and focused on:
- The introduction of PPPs and the data requirements for their production
- The presentation of users, main uses and applications of PPPs
- A presentation on the integration between the CPI and PPPs, its benefits, and the different integration activities undertaken by ESCWA in the Arab region
- The presentation of the different household and non-household surveys and explanation of their data collection processes
- The illustration of the productivity adjustment process and the difference between actual individual consumption and final household consumption
- A comprehensive training on the completion of the HHC master list and data entry template
- A description of the process of price validation and treatment of outliers