UNSD/ESCWA Technical Assistance to Lebanon on Improving Energy Statistics for Sustainable Development
The objective of this assessment mission is to assist the General Directorate of Oil at the Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW) and the Central Administration of Statistics (CAS) in producing a step-by-step plan towards meeting Lebanon’s energy statistics needs. For this purpose, other government stakeholders’ views need to be considered so that the collective national policy needs in this area are incorporated in the plan. Cooperation and coordination among agencies will be essential to improve Lebanon’s energy statistics in a cost-efficient way.
This assessment mission will be organized by UNSD and the Statistics Division of ESCWA on one side, having MEW on the other as the focal point of all Lebanese institutions involved.
- Introduction (UNSD)
- Balances (UNSD)
- IRES & SIEC (UNSD)
- Energy statistics and balance for Lebanon (ESCWA)
- CAS presentation
- Data sources (UNSD)
- IRES & SIEC exercises (UNSD)
- Statistics and Balances for Lebanon (UNSD)
- Electricity Lebanon(UNSD)
- Energy statistics for Emissions Inventory_MOEnv
- French energy data system(IEA)
- SDG_Sustainable energy policy_Regional perspective(ESCWA)