Expert group meeting "Measuring Economic Governance in the Context of National Development Planning"
Within its regular work programme, the Economic Governance and Planning Section at UNESCWA/EDGD will undertake a series of activities on the topic of "Measuring Economic Governance in the context of National Development Planning" and the expert group meeting scheduled for 12 and 13 June 2014 in Beirut was the kick-off.
The objectives of the meeting included:
- Discussing key challenges in national development planning in the Arab region;
- Identifying necessary key measure of economic governance that are should be included in national development planning for countries in the region;
- Sharing experiences, international and regional best practice examples and lessons learned;
- Proposing key indicators that may help monitor economic governance trends in the region per subject area;
- Developing practical recommendations for next steps; and
- Supporting the finalization of a Framework of Recommendations
Mr. Vito Intini
Chief, Economic Governance and Planning Section
Economic Development and Globalisation Division
UNITED NATIONS – ESCWA
P.O. Box 11-8575, Riad el-Solh,
Beirut – Lebanon
Tel : +961-1-978618