ESCWA is organizing a national workshop on using the Social Justice Policy Gap Assessment Tool (PGAT) to assess the wage policy in the Syrian Arab Republic.
The workshop aims to:
- Train participants on how to use the PGAT and provide guidance on the assessment process and different steps involved at the planning and implementation levels
- Build participants' capacity to extract assessment results and to use the Social Justice Barometer.
- Carry out a hands-on assessment of the extent that wage policy in the Syrian Arab Republic integrates social justice principles and identify existing gaps and opportunities
- Contribute to the national report on the assessment of wage policy
- Discuss the required reforms to fill the gaps revealed by the assessment as well as the options available to support the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour in improving wages